Holding a Successful Open House
There are several ways to market your home; Open House is a Fantastic way to get your home noticed and opened to prospective buyers. Here are some suggestions to help make your open house successful.
Get rid of the clutter to maximize your space. Have a garage sale and empty the closets as much as possible.
Staging your home is also a great way to showcase your home. It will create an atmosphere of spaciousness, and typically provide buyers an idea how they would use the space.
Remember that a home that looks well kept will create favourable impression. Make sure you cut the grass or shovel the sidewalk as the season requires. Plan on doing a little spot painting to perk up problem areas, oil squeaking hinges, tighten loose screws, and all the other little things that show a home is cared for.
Pricing Your Property
The single most important decision you will make with your Real Estate Professional is determining the right asking price for your property.
Once you’ve achieved a realistic sales price, you can count on your property being professionally marketed and promoted to bring more buyers to your door. You can also expect to sell your home for the best possible price in the least amount of time.
The Benefits of Pricing Right
- Your property sells faster because it is exposed to more qualified buyers.
- Your home doesn’t lose its “marketability.”
- The closer to market value, the higher the offers.
- A well-priced property can generate competing offers.
- Real Estate Professionals will be enthusiastic about presenting your property to buyers.
Find Out What Your Home Is Worth
For a current market analysis of your home please feel free to take advantage of a free home evaluation.
Little Improvements = Big Returns
It’s always a good idea to spruce up the exterior and interior of your home before listing it for sale. But that doesn’t mean you have to undertake major and/or expensive project.
Just a little effort will greatly increase the perceived value of your home. After all, if you wanted to undertake a large-scale project, you probably wouldn’t be selling!
Here are some simple steps you can take to increase the perceived value of your home and make a great first impression.
- Keep lawns cut
- Trim hedges and shrubs
- Weed and edge gardens
- Clear driveway and clean up oil spills
- Clean out garage
- Power wash
- Touch up paint
- Plant colourful, inexpensive flowers in pots if necessary
At the Front Door
- Clean porch and foyer
- Ensure door bell works
- Repair any broken screens
- Fresh paint or varnish front door
- Repair door locks and key access
Create a Buying Mood
- Make sure your home smells fresh and clean
- Turn on lights
- Turn on air conditioner/heater
- Open the drapes
- Light the fireplace
- Clear halls and stairs of clutter
- Store surplus furniture
- Clear kitchen counter and stove top
- Clear closets of unnecessary clothing and stuff
- Remove empty boxes and containers
- Put away personal photos so buyers can envision the house as theirs
- Repair leaking taps and toilets
- Clean furnace and filters
- Tighten door knobs and latches
- Repair cracked plaster
- Apply fresh coat of paint or touch up where necessary
- Clean and repair windows
- Repair seals around tubs and basins
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Oil squeaking doors
- Repair squeaking floor boards
- Clean and freshen bathrooms
- Clean fridge and stove (in and out)
- Clean around heating vents
- Clean washer and dryer
- Clean carpets, drapes and window blinds
- Eliminate pet odors and stains